I just upgraded to a Vista 64 laptop with the current version of WAMP(2.0), and here is what I put in my php.ini to use XDebug and make the Apache crashing stop. Basically, I went back to using the 2.0.0 version of XDebug, and things seem to have stopped crashing.
I am using NetBeans as my debugging IDE, and so far it works just fine.
First off, comment out in your active php.ini:
Then add this to the bottom of your active php.ini (Adjust your directories and xdebug filename accordingly.)
; Only Zend OR (!) XDebug
zend_extension_ts="C:/Program Files (x86)/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.9-2/ext/php_xdebug-2.0.0-5.2.2.dll"
xdebug.profiler_output_dir="C:/Program Files (x86)/wamp/tmp"
That’s it! Good luck and hope this helps someone!