Needs testing but it’s worked on two existing MU installations so far. I haven’t tested it on a single user setup but I guessed at the code it would probably need… Please share, test, fix, steal, reuse, and recycle this code as needed. There’s probably better ways of doing this, but this got me through it in a pinch.
I’ve been pulling my hair out for weeks with TortoiseSVN ever since I updated to Windows 7, and boy has it been a giant pain in the ass. Sometimes updates and check-outs worked, sometimes not. Sometimes I could commit, sometimes not. Sometimes the icons appeared, sometimes not. I’ve tried reinstalling TortoiseSVN, I’ve tried registry hacks, I’ve tried everything that Google told me to try and still no joy…
Here’s my setup, and here’s what fixed it…
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Wait… BitDefender? Why does that matter? Honestly, I have no idea… But switching off the firewall and real time protection, doing my updates, and turning them back on fixed my checkout/update/commit issues.
How did I figure this out?
In an act of desperation I booted my machine up in Safe Mode + Networking (most of you probably already know how to do this, if not let me help you.) Safe Mode + Networking loads Windows up in a bare bones environment plus allows internet access (but still used 800MB of RAM in my case, blech…)
Anyhow, I noticed right off the bat that BitDefender wasn’t running, and everything worked perfectly. A quick reboot back to reality, and disabling my anti-virus and TortoiseSVN was good-to-go. Well, almost… The icons are still screwy, and for me the only ones that appear in the file area are the changed ones. No green check boxes for me, but at least I can see changed files.
So for everyone out there that’s about to have a stroke this holiday season from not being able to commit code changes on time, try disabling your anti-virus and firewall before admitting total defeat and see if it helps.
I wonder how long it takes for self-inflicted bald spots to fill back in… Hmm…
I just upgraded to a Vista 64 laptop with the current version of WAMP(2.0), and here is what I put in my php.ini to use XDebug and make the Apache crashing stop. Basically, I went back to using the 2.0.0 version of XDebug, and things seem to have stopped crashing.
I am using NetBeans as my debugging IDE, and so far it works just fine.
First off, comment out in your active php.ini:
Then add this to the bottom of your active php.ini (Adjust your directories and xdebug filename accordingly.)
; Only Zend OR (!) XDebug
zend_extension_ts="C:/Program Files (x86)/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.9-2/ext/php_xdebug-2.0.0-5.2.2.dll"
xdebug.profiler_output_dir="C:/Program Files (x86)/wamp/tmp"
That’s it! Good luck and hope this helps someone!
Here’s a few renders of the Green Lion from the best cartoon ever, Voltron.
Every once in a while you come across an idea so incredibly genius that you think to yourself “crap, why didn’t I think of that!” This, is definitely one of those products… “Tropical Winds Beach Blankets”
Here are the pictures I took from Kraftwerk in Milwaukee on April 20, 2008… “Kraftwerk Milwaukee”
The assignment was to animate a Pixar style lamp doing whatever we so choose, so I took that as literally as possible and made my own Pixar style intro. “Pixar-esque Lamp”